Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Blog – Day 7 – November 2012 Challenge



I have to thank my elderly neighbors for getting the daily paper. If it wasn’t for them I would never read the news.  I don’t watch it or care to hear about it. But this morning I actually wondered who my President was.  As I walked out the door with my son I glanced down and saw the word “Obama.” That was enough and I continued on my way to a normal day.  I don’t care either way; I don’t vote so I don’t get to complain. 

On a different not, I was pondering a common thought I have while driving this evening. I’ve always wondered about that person in history who made a lot of the same decisions that I have so far in my life. There have been so many people in the world since its creation; there’s no way I’m that unique.  Yes, I know that certain things I do and in the order I do them are unique, but the choices and thoughts I have are not.  I’ve always wondered who in history made the closest discussions in their life time that would match mine.  When in history did this person live; was it a female; did they have the same thoughts and feelings after they did what they did.  Who in history is the closest to me? I know this will never be answered but it sure would be neat to meet that person. I’d like to hear if anyone else has ever thought of this, please share with me.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't thought of that before. How in that sense we aren't unique, the choices and even thoughts we experience aren't new. They are maybe new to us but by this time in history someone had to make the same choice before. Intesting. The idea that there is someone in history whose dissions mirror our own?..almost mind blowing...gives me the same feeling as when I think about the fact that there are more stars in the universe than grains of sand on earth. It does make me feel small but not in the 'how insignificant am I? how little impact I make on the tiny scope of my world? Why should I bother?" It's makes me feel MORE connected if that makes any sense. You perspective makes me feel comforted. That my struggles while they seem mountainous are not new, people have faced them before and though some have failed, some have succeeded. Thank you for this new prespective.

    ReplyDelete