Monday, November 5, 2012

Blog – Day 5 – November 2012 Challenge



So I had an epiphany this morning.  I was pondering my story when I realized that I would love to be able to write a sentence that told my story.  So then I flashed back to what I wrote a few days ago, mocking people who write on how to write the perfect sentence. Well now I’ve come around and I want to be able to do that.  It is part of the snowflake writing process. I want to write a good synopsis for my story and it should start with a great sentence.  You can obviously tell that I don’t have the best grammar either. I need to work on that. My husband read the draft of my flash fiction and reminded me that I write like I talk; therefore he would need me to clarify a few things.  That is good, that’s what I want. But then it also frustrates me because I feel I’m already explaining everything well in the story.  Then I’m being told I’m not.  Don’t get me wrong, I am very thankful that he does question what I write because it shows me where holes are in my writing.  I may get frustrated about it but it’s not his fault he is being awesome and doing exactly what I’m asking of him.  I just hate the fact that my writing it’s awesome the first time around. Now I will get over my complaining and work on getting better.

1 comment:

  1. I would just like to be a cheerleader here and say "Go! Go! Go!" Write. Get it down. Your ideas are amazing but will need some cleaning up but don't worry about it. First just get it wrote down. I have a friend that has this really amazing story she's been trying to write for 10 yrs and she's started it atleast 5 times but then she gets caught up on how her handwritting looks or spends so much time and energy focusing on each sentence, each word that she doesn't make any progress and never makes it past a certain point in the story. You and edit and fine tune things but get down first! Don't think that it needs to be completely perfect the first draft or that because you need a little editing it isn't awesome. I also must say I envy you, you're writting like you talk is much more clearer than mine. I'm overly disciptive and honestly my plots suck. I think I'm awesome at character development but I have nothing for them to do really and/or cant explain what or how they do it. Umm...anyways point of this? I just wanted to cheer you on. Hopefully I was helpful and cheery!

    ReplyDelete